Wowzers. This one has been a marathon, even though it hasn’t been that many days since the last release. Notes here.
A ton of under-the-hood bits have been overhauled for how to load savegames and the lobby, and everything moves a lot more smoothly now. Specifically:
- The functionality for loading an existing savegame or quick start into the lobby for further editing is now fully functional in all respects.
- When you leave the lobby and come back, it now remembers your last settings.
- When you start a game from the lobby it remembers your last settings.
- There is a button in the lobby that now lets you reset everything to the defaults.
- You don’t run into problems with stale visual data in the lobby anymore (several bugs in this area).
- You can load quickstarts that were saved with an expansion enabled even if you don’t have that expansion. Expansion content will be omitted. Should also work for quickstarts created with mods.
- And yes, this does have direct benefits to multiplayer work, as well, it’s worth noting!
There are also some other bugfixes, and two new giant Extragalactic units, one of which is called the Thunderchild. After wrestling with this release for the better part of a week, the name was just too perfect for this build as a whole. 😉
More to come soon!
Please Do Report Any Issues!
If you run into any bugs, we’d definitely like to hear about those.
The release of this game has been going well so far, and I think that the reviews that folks have been leaving for the game have been a big help for anyone passing by who’s on the fence. For a good while we were sitting at Overwhelmingly Positive on the Recent Reviews breakdown, but there have been a lot fewer reviews lately and so that has definitely had a material negative effect. Go figure. Having a running selection of recent reviews definitely is helpful, but at least we have a pretty healthy set of long-term reviews. If you’ve been playing the game and enjoying it, we’d greatly appreciate it if you’d drop by and leave your own thoughts, too.
More to come soon. Enjoy!
Problem With The Latest Build?
If you right-click the game in Steam and choose properties, then go to the Betas tab of the window that pops up, you’ll see a variety of options. You can always choose most_recent_stable from that build to get what is essentially one-build-back. Or two builds back if the last build had a known problem, etc. Essentially it’s a way to keep yourself off the very bleeding edge of updates, if you so desire.
The Usual Reminders
Quick reminder of our new Steam Developer Page. If you follow us there, you’ll be notified about any game releases we do.
Also: Would you mind leaving a Steam review for some/any of our games? It doesn’t have to super detailed, but if you like a game we made and want more people to find it, that’s how you make it happen. Reviews make a material difference, and like most indies, we could really use the support.