- First up, the Hunter fleet was previously only using the exciting new fire teams feature if you chose the new “Assassin” option. That’s not something most people would know to do, and it wouldn’t automatically kick on in existing quick starts, or existing savegames, and so on. That’s no fun!
- So we’ve made it so that all of the Hunter fleets now use fire teams, instead, and we took away the Assassin option since it would now have been identical to Normal. All of the existing savegames will work, and now have scary fire teams doing all the fun things I talked about in the epic update. Not opting-in required.
- We also made a number of general improvements to AI threat and the hunter fleet IQ/logic, letting them make better decisions on several fronts. Loading existing savegames where they waffled about now has them hulk smash.
- There’s a general feature called “group move” that can be used by players or by NPCs/AIs. There were some awesome improvements made to this functionality by Eagleheart a few months back for player purposes, but they just didn’t work well for AIs, which caused exos and fire teams to sometimes be on the slow side or staggered strangely. Now something closer to our old logic is used for AIs/NPCs, making them formidable again, while Eagleheart’s logic is used for players like it was intended to be.
- Beyond that it’s just a handful of more bugfixes.
More to come soon!
Please Do Report Any Issues!
If you run into any bugs, we’d definitely like to hear about those.
The release of this game has been going well so far, and I think that the reviews that folks have been leaving for the game have been a big help for anyone passing by who’s on the fence. For a good while we were sitting at Overwhelmingly Positive on the Recent Reviews breakdown, but there have been a lot fewer reviews lately and so that has definitely had a material negative effect. Go figure. Having a running selection of recent reviews definitely is helpful, but at least we have a pretty healthy set of long-term reviews. If you’ve been playing the game and enjoying it, we’d greatly appreciate it if you’d drop by and leave your own thoughts, too.
More to come soon. Enjoy!
Problem With The Latest Build?
If you right-click the game in Steam and choose properties, then go to the Betas tab of the window that pops up, you’ll see a variety of options. You can always choose most_recent_stable from that build to get what is essentially one-build-back. Or two builds back if the last build had a known problem, etc. Essentially it’s a way to keep yourself off the very bleeding edge of updates, if you so desire.
The Usual Reminders
Quick reminder of our new Steam Developer Page. If you follow us there, you’ll be notified about any game releases we do.
Also: Would you mind leaving a Steam review for some/any of our games? It doesn’t have to super detailed, but if you like a game we made and want more people to find it, that’s how you make it happen. Reviews make a material difference, and like most indies, we could really use the support.