Release notes here.
A neighborhood watch is normally something that is neighbors looking out for one another, but in this case I’m mis-naming the release in honor of the algorithm changes that Badger made to protect PLAYERS from having so darn many mark 6 and 7 planets in their galaxies. New galaxies generated in the game should be a lot more palatable.
So, what else?
- Interface improvements to the top bar (the various things you can click for more details).
- Golems for the Warden fleet (yow!).
- Marauders now more deadly.
- Several bugfixes in code both new and old.
- Several new tools to help us FIND some rare-ish bugs that we can’t repro locally.
- Other conveniences like you not accidentally being able to build things that would put you into negative energy (and thus lose your forcefields all at once).
More to come soon. Enjoy!
Problem With The Latest Build?
If you right-click the game in Steam and choose properties, then go to the Betas tab of the window that pops up, you’ll see a variety of options. You can always choose most_recent_stable from that build to get what is essentially one-build-back. Or two builds back if the last build had a known problem, etc. Essentially it’s a way to keep yourself off the very bleeding edge of updates, if you so desire.
The Usual Reminders
Quick reminder of our new Steam Developer Page. If you follow us there, you’ll be notified about any game releases we do.
Also: Would you mind leaving a Steam review for some/any of our games? It doesn’t have to be much more detailed than a thumbs up, but if you like a game we made and want more people to find it, that’s how you make it happen. Reviews make a material difference, and like most indies, we could really use the support.