Goodness, lots of changes right in advance of the big pivot. Fitting, I suppose.
Let’s see… in no particular order…
- Various performance improvements, some of them minor, some of them pretty darn major.
- The “hey we’re in combat” voice warning is now considerably less common and more appropriate (thanks Badger!).
- Another backer Ark, the Thanatos, has been added.
- Several very annoying bugs, some on the sidebar and some on the main gameplay area, are cleaned up.
- Wormholes look really different, and can be more easily clicked from very far zoom.
- Hey, there’s a new Realistic map type, which gets back to the spirit of the default (and for many, favorite) map type from AI War Classic (thanks, yet again, Badger!)
- First pass of Spire Civilian Leaders faction, now branded as Risk Analyzers (for flavour/story reasons) is in.
- Oh, and Human Marauders. Good grief, Badger!
Lots more to come in the next few weeks. You won’t have to wait months to start seeing results from the pivot, although the game might become hilariously tiny for a little while. There’s a new beta branch for this last pre-pivot release so that you can always get this one if you need/want it for some reason during that period.