Release notes here.
Relatively small release, and honestly the largest improvements are to the metal flows detail screen. But something about hacking, and in particularly spire archives, always makes me think of this scene from Star Trek TNG.
“I just love scanning for life forms” pops into my head in daily life much more often than I should probably admit. 😉
So what’s new in this one in general?
- Brownouts should now be more obvious in the interface when you’re facing one of those. I still have some plans for making “really dire situations” way more obvious in the UI in general, but this is a solid step.
- The metal flow planning popup, as mentioned, is much improved yet again.
- Spire Archive Extraction hack now only takes 5 minutes at base, rather than 15 — so at difficulty 10 it no longer takes (shudder) an HOUR.
- Units under construction take bonus damage from being shot, which should really adjust the flow of things quite a bit when you’re trying to rebuild under fire, and in general fixes a balance issue/exploit that could be present.
- Other bugfixes and balance tweaks and visual polish.
Please Do Report Any Issues!
If you run into any bugs, we’d definitely like to hear about those, particularly after such a large change as was required for the duplicate fleets stuff.
We’re also really keen on your feedback in general, as the last couple of releases hopefully demonstrate. I’m definitely not going to be getting to my originally-planned todo list of achievements this week, simply because there have been more important things that folks have brought up instead, and we’ve been focusing on those. The achievements will hopefully be something I have time to get in next week, but some of that depends on what reports come in between now and then.
The release has been going well so far, and I think that the reviews that folks have been leaving for the game have been a big help for anyone passing by who’s on the fence. If you’ve been playing the game and enjoying it, we’d greatly appreciate it if you’d drop by and leave your own thoughts, too.
More to come soon. Enjoy!
Problem With The Latest Build?
If you right-click the game in Steam and choose properties, then go to the Betas tab of the window that pops up, you’ll see a variety of options. You can always choose most_recent_stable from that build to get what is essentially one-build-back. Or two builds back if the last build had a known problem, etc. Essentially it’s a way to keep yourself off the very bleeding edge of updates, if you so desire.
The Usual Reminders
Quick reminder of our new Steam Developer Page. If you follow us there, you’ll be notified about any game releases we do.
Also: Would you mind leaving a Steam review for some/any of our games? It doesn’t have to be much more detailed than a thumbs up, but if you like a game we made and want more people to find it, that’s how you make it happen. Reviews make a material difference, and like most indies, we could really use the support.